Now you can control your partner's Android devices directly when you help them solve the phone issues, without setting up by tethering the device to a computer or root it. You need to install an AirDroid Control Add-on.
What is AirDroid Control Add-on?
AirDroid Control Add-on is a plugin of AirDroid Remote Support that adds remote control functionality to AirMirror. With this add-on service enabled, you can provide a better remote support service by remotely controlling the devices directly, which is more efficient than voice chat, screenshots, gestures features.
System and App Version Requirements:
- AirDroid Control Add-on is currently only available on Android 7.0 or above (It means the controlled/supported device needs to run Android 7.0 or above )
- The AirDroid Remote Support App needs to be updated to v 22.214.171.124 or above
- The AirMirror App for Android needs to be updated to v 126.96.36.199 or above
- The AirMirror App for iOS needs to be updated to v 1.0.4 or above
How to download AirDroid Control Add-on and Enable the Remote Control function?
Step 1: Establish the connection
- Find the 9 digit Connection code on the AirDroid Remote Support App
- Enter the code in the Remote Support module of the AirMirror App
- Accept the request on the AirDroid Remote App
Step 2: Enable the screen sharing after connected
- You can enable screen sharing from either side
Step 3: Enable Remote Control Mode on the AirMirror App
- Tap the Turorial Gesture icon near the Textbox
- Tap Remote Control on the pop-up window ( You need to upgrade to the premium)
If a pop-up window "Please guide the user on the remote device to install AirDroid Control Add-on" appear, please tap "Continue"
Step 4: Download and Install AirDroid Control Add-on on the AirDroid Remote Support App
To make sure the Remote Control Mode works on the AirMiror App, the AirDroid Control Add-on should be installed on the AirDroid Remote Support. Below are the steps:
- Tap "Allow" next to the reminder message "Your supporter requests to remote control your device"
- Tap "Download now" next to the reminder message "Please download and install the AirDroid Control Add-on for your device"
- Follow the instruction to download and complete the installation
Step 5: Enable AirDroid Control Add-on on Accessibility
Once AirDroid Control Add-on be installed on the AirDroid Remote Support, return to the AirDroid Remote Support App and enable the Add-on on the Accessibility
- Tap "Enable Permission" next to the reminder message "Please enable add-on related permissions"
- Tap "More downloaded services"
- Find AirDroid Control Add-on and Turn On it
After all the above steps are done, return to the AirDroid Remote Support app again. If the reminder message "Remote Control Enable" appears, it means you can use the AirMirror app to remote control the controlled device now.
For security & privacy protection, permission will need to be granted every time the support agent attempts to connect and take control of a client’s device (even if the same client already has the remote control add-on installed on the device).