Please note the steps to change the input keyboard may vary depending on the versions of the OS and the types of the device.
For Non-rooted devices:
1. After connecting to the device via remote control, click the keyboard icon and a menu will pop up for you to switch to AirDroid Keyboard.
2. If this is the first time AirDroid Keyboard is enabled, system will switch to Manage on-screen keyboards, please tap on Manage keyboards (or Virtual Keyboard) to enable AirDroid Keyboard.
If the system does not switch to the Settings, please go to Settings > System > Language & input > Virtual Keyboard and enable AirDroid Keyboard.
3. After that, follow step 1 to switch the keyboard. Once the message at the bottom shows AirDroid Keyboard Ready, you may start typing.
For Rooted devices:
The AirDroid Keyboard will be enabled automatically. But if it does not enable, please refer to the following steps.
1. Go to the Settings icon on your device.
2. Click Language and input > Default keyboard > SET UP INPUT METHODS.
3. Turn AirDroid Business Keyboard on and click OK to proceed.
4. You can try to input the text now. If the message AirDroid Keyboard Ready shows, everything is set.
Change back to the normal on-screen keyboard for device holder:
Method 1: Tap on the keyboard icon on the right side and it will switch back to the on-screen keyboard.
Method 2: Go to Settings > System > Language & input > Virtual Keyboard and disable AirDroid Keyboard.