Kiosk Mode in AirDroid Business is a way for you to customize and limit user access to apps, websites, and system settings.
Challenges of deploying Android devices in the field
- Increased device downtime resulting from unnecessary or prohibited use.
- Difficult interface or navigation could lead to ineffective productivity for the employees. (ex: truck drivers or retail staff trying to navigate apps and services)
- False alarms in extra support cases.
The benefits of using Kiosk Mode?
- A secure, tamper-proof system for efficient asset management.
- Amplify productivity by restricting usage to enterprise or single application use.
- MDM solutions can help run kiosk devices for dedicated services.
- Reduced maintenance efforts and support costs.
- Easy management of field employees from a single location.
- Customized setup for specific enterprise needs.
What types of content can I display in Kiosk Mode?
1. Applications (single-app mode)
You can force one application from your set of apps to run consistently, or relaunch after a time delay.
When to use single-app mode: single-app mode applies to scenarios where you need to run just one particular app, such as a POS, food ordering app, ad displays, survey/poll collection, and etc. It's often used in retail or service industries with a single-purpose to simplify the user experience.
2. Applications (multi-app mode)
By adding apps to the App Allowlist, you can decide which apps to hide/show on the home screen.
When to use multi-app mode: multi-app mode is usually used on company-owned devices. Employees can use the device to improve productivity, but will only have access to certain work-related apps. Coupled with flexible limitation settings in Kiosk Mode, companies can create a balance between user freedom and productivity.
3. Home screen
You can allow or hide the following interface:
- System status bar at the top
- The navigation bar at the bottom (go back, home & switching apps)
- Full-screen mode, when enabled hides both the system status bar and the button navigation
4. Notification center
- The notification center is hidden by default when in Kiosk Mode.
- When enabled, you can customize the following options for different needs:
- Auto-rotate, flashlight, view & switch between apps, clear apps, notification center position
5. Browser (using Kiosk Browser)
- You can add websites to the allowlist. Sites not on the list can't be accessed.
- Advanced options for customizing your browser:
- Option to display or hide URL
- Enable incognito mode
- Auto-clear cache
- Allow visitors to open multiple tabs
- Allow visitors to visit the desktop version of websites
Read more: how to set up your Kiosk Browser and add websites to allowlist
6. Interface & look
- Interface: wallpaper, icon size, icon name (app name), display & status bar, logo.
- Lock screen: wallpaper and company logo.
Download our guide for Kiosk Mode and boost your business today