If you are reiving the following error while opening AirDroid Cast on your macOS computer:
“AirDroid Cast.app" can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
Please try the following steps to solve this issue:
- Go to macOS System Preferences
- Click on Security & Privacy > General
- Under Allow apps to be downloaded from, select Anywhere.
Before macOS Sierra, it was much easier to set your Mac to allow you to download apps from anywhere.
Since new updates to macOS, however, you’ll need to change a few more settings on your Mac in order to do so. Here’s how:
- Launch Terminal by going to Finder > Applications > Utilities or by locating it with Spotlight search (
[CMD] + [SPACE]).
- In Terminal, type the code
sudo spctl --master-disableand hit Return. Enter your Mac’s password when prompted.
- Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General. At the bottom of the window, you’ll see multiple options under Allow apps to be downloaded from. Select Anywhere to allow your Mac to download any and all apps.