The Alerts allows you to set custom triggers to monitor your devices in different aspects such as network traffic, internet connection, excessive data usage, low battery, and more. Email notifications can be set up so that you will be received an email when your devices have triggered an Alert.
- Alerts feature support devices that are installed in the Biz Daemon version 184.108.40.206 or above.
- Delivery of email notifications may be slightly delayed sometimes due to due different email ISPs. (e.g. Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook, Yahoo, AOL, etc.)
- If you need to receive notifications instantly, it is recommended you refer to the dashboard.
- To fully utilize this function, please upgrade to the Ultimate or Enterprise plan.
Notes before creating the Alerts:
1. Frequency of checking the device status
This allows you to set up how often the status synchronization occurs on your devices.
- A higher frequency allows you to synchronize the device status accurately but it will consume more power and data on the device.
- It is recommended that you test a balanced option according to the device model before applying it to the rest of the devices.
2. Apply to
You can select the specific group (s) or device (s) to apply the alert.
3. Notification frequency
This option is available when you enable Notify me through email and there are 2 ways email notifications can be sent:
For each device and event, send a maximum of one notification per day:
- You will be notified only ONE-TIME for each device per event per day. You will not receive a second notification from the same device and event if the event occurs again in the same day.
- For example, if you have 50 devices that triggered the Insufficient Storage alert, you will receive 50 email notifications in total, one for each device.
- No more Insufficient Storage alert will be sent for these devices for the reminder of the same day.
Notify me every time an event is triggered on a device:
- A notification will be sent everytime a device triggers the alert.
- The interval of each notification is no shorter than 1 minute.
4. Send the notification to ( No more than 100 notification per day)
You can select your members in your AirDroid Business Admin Console or any non-members such as clients or stakeholders with a working email as the receiver of the notification.
5. Attached text
You can also customize the content for the notification email with messages such as what to do when an alert has been triggered so th person receiving the notification, would know what to do next.
How do I set up Alerts in the Dashboard?
Method 1: Monitor feature
General Indicators Template
When enabled, notifications are sent when the device change from online to offline, and vice versa.
* Online status is defined by the availability of the AirDroid Biz-Damon app, which often time is a good indicator of a device that is powered On or OFF, and its internet connection.
To set up, tap on Settings
Under Device status, choose the status change that you want to be notified of, when the device becomes either Offline or Online.
Triggered when there is insufficient storage on your devices.
Set the Triggered value (MB) of the storage and the specific devices or groups you need to apply the alert.
Triggered when the battery capacity of your devices reaches a specific value.
Set the Triggered value (5 - 50%) of the battery capacity and the specific devices or groups you need to apply the alert.
When enabled, a notification is sent when the device changes from charging to discharge from the power source and vice versa.
Set the Device status (Discharging, Charging, Fully Charged) of the alert and the specific devices or groups you need to apply the alert.
When enabled, a notification is sent when the device reaches a specific temperature.
Set the Triggered value (1℃ - 70℃) of the battery temperature and the specific devices or groups you need to apply the alert.
When enabled, a notification will be sent when the mobile data of your device exceeds a specific amount of data within a preset time range (e.g. 1000 MB per Month)
Set the Time Range (per day or month) and the Triggered value (MB) of the cellular data usage and the specific devices or groups you need to apply the alert.
Note: This alert is NOT available for Android 6.0 below devices.
Method 2: Alerts Feature
Besides setting alerts from the General Indicators and Device Network Template, you can also create other alerts for your devices from the Alert feature.
To create alerts: Devices > Alerts > + Alerts
Allows you to monitor the operating status of applications on your devices.
Note: This alert is NOT available for the device that is on Android 7.0 or above.
You will need to use the existing app or upload a new app that needs to be monitored before using this alert.
Select the application you need to oversee (e.g. Chrome) and choose the device status.
Allows you to oversee the permission status of the Biz Daemon application on your devices.
You can select multiple permissions for your devices so that a notification will be sent when permissions are turned ON or OFF.
Allows you to track whether the device is in an idle state or not and you can also set the triggered value (15s - 3mins).
When the device is in a static or moving state for a specific time, it will trigger the alert.
Allows you to track if the device is operating in the Kiosk mode or not.
When the device enters or exits the Kiosk mode, it will trigger the alert.
Allows you to be notified when the screen of your device is locked or unlocked.
Allows you to check if the HDMI cable is plugged in properly to ensure your devices are running the appropriate content.
When the external HDMI status of your device is Detected or Not detected, it will trigger the alert.
Note: Please connect the HDMI cable on the devices and see if the HDMI status is detected in the Admin Console.
Enhance your team’s productivity now.
We’ll send you everything you need to get started.