Before you use Remote Control, follow this instruction to gain Biz Daemon permission on Non-Rooted Devices.
(NOTE: After REBOOTING your devices, you need to complete the Non-Rooted procedure AGAIN.)
1. Download & Install AirDroid Business desktop client on PC.
2. Gain Non-Root Permission for your devices.
Step1：Turn on USB debugging
Android 4.1: Settings > Developer Options > enable USB Debugging.
Android 4.2+：Settings > About phone > TAP Build number for 7 TIMES to enable Developer Options > enable USB Debugging.
1. If your phone is Xiaomi, you should also enable USB debugging(security setting) first before turn on USB debugging.
2. If your phone is Vivo, you should also enable USB simulated input first before turn on USB debugging.
3. If your phone is Huawei and Android 8.0+, you should also enable both "USB Debugging" and "Allow ADB debugging in charge only mode".
Step2：Connect your device with the USB cable.
1. Connect your phone and PC with a USB cable, checked the option ‘Always allow debugging from this computer’ which pop up on your phone.
If the pop-up window does not displayed on your phone, follow the instructions RE-PLUGGED the USB cable or try with another one, and MAKE SURE the driver of your device was installed correctly.
TIPS: If the windows above never pops up, reset USB debugging by clicking “Revoke USB debugging authorizations”
1. If you are running Android 8.0+, disconnect the USB cable may disable the Non-Root settings. Please kindly checked 'Charging only' before your running the Non-Root setup.
For Huawei's phone & Android 8.0+: click on "CANCEL" on "Use USB for" when you connect your device to your PC.
1. Desktop client (Win/Mac):
Open AirDroid Business desktop client on your PC (Win/Mac), then click Non-Root to connect your phone.
After that, you should see your device is granted permission for remote control.
Tips: If you can’t see the notification above, go back to Step2 and try again.
3. Access your Non-Rooted devices remotely.
Go to AirDroid Business desktop client > select your Non-Rooted online devices (with battery icon) > click on Remote Control.
Tips: If your Non-Rooted devices are shown as Offline after granted Biz Daemon permission, please check if Biz Daemon is running on background and check the internet connection of your remote devices.
To keep Biz Daemon running on background, you can refer to Failed to connect to device?