Nearby is an awesome feature of AirDroid. It allows you to quickly discover nearby devices and establish a connection with them to chat and share files, just fast and easy like AirDrop.
The Nearby feature can only discover other devices that are using the nearby feature at the same time. If two devices are close to each other, but one of them does not use the nearby feature, they cannot find each other too.
How to use the AirDroid Nearby feature?
- Open AirDroid App - Go Nearby - Tap Search
- Tap the appear devices, choose the files that you want to send and then wait for the confirmation from the receiver
- Once the receiver confirms, you can transfer files with them. (If the receiver enables "Always accept " on the confirmation, your device will be the trusted devices of the receiver. Files sent from trusted device are automatically accepted.)
What should I do if I can't discover other devices with AirDroid?
- Make sure you and your friends are using AirDroid Nearby Feature to search devices.
- Make sure the devices have grant AirDroid "Location" permission.
- Try to turn on Wifi and Bluetooth
If you have confirmed all the above steps but still not able to discover other devices, please try to connect the devices to the Lan network (the same wifi).
If there is no connectable WiFi, you can create a hotspot to connect the devices to the same network.
Here are the steps:
- Go Settings on the phone
- Tap Network & Internet
- Tap Hotspots & Tethering
- Tap Wi-Fi hotspots and turn on it
- Connect devices to the hotspots that you have initiated
- Back to the page of Nearby and search again.