The Nearby feature allows you to connect your friends or other AirDroid users to transfer files faster and easier in local connection( connect to the same wifi), with NO data needed!
How to use AirDroid Nearby feature?
1. Connect the devices to the same network.
If you are under different networks, you can establish a personal hotspot to connect the devices to the same network.
- For Android 8.0 below, you can enable the hotspot through AirDroid > Tools > Tethering
- For Android 8.0 above and iOS devices, you must enable the hotspot through Settings on your devices.
2. Search and Connect:
- Android: Open AirDroid > Tap Transfer > Tap Nearby > Tap the radar to search
- iOS: Open AirDroid > Tap Nearby > Tap the radar to search
- PC：Open AirDroid > Click Nearby > Click Search
When you find the devices appear on your search, click the devices to build the connection, then you can transfer files with them.
If you want to transfer files with your friends anytime anywhere, you can add them as a friend on AirDroid. Then you can chat or share files with them even they are offline.