Due to the limitations of Android OS, the Non-Root authority will become invalid in some cases. That means even you have already done the Non-Root authority, but when you try to use Remote Control or AirIME features, you will still be required to run Non-Root for your Android again.
When will the Non-Root authority become invalid, and What are the solutions?
1. The Non-Root authority will become invalid after the Android devices restart
Solution: After running Non-Root, please do not restart your Android devices, and make sure you didn't enable schedule power on/ff.
2. For Android 8.0 and above: the Non-Root authority will become invalid after "USB debugging" or "Developer options" been turned off
Solution: After running Non-Root, please don't turn off "USB debugging" or "Developer options".
NOTE: If you found the "USB debugging" and "Developer options" have been turned off automatically, it is usually controlled by Android OS. In this case, please contact us to further check with your Device mode, Android Version, and tell us when the "USB debugging" and "Developer Options" will be turned off.
3. For Android 8.0 and above: the Non-Root authority will become invalid after "USB mode or USB configuration" is changed.
Solution: Before running Non-Root for your Android device, please select "Charge only" in the pop-up window on your phone when you connect your Android device to a computer via USB cable. After running Non-Root, please don't change the "USB mode or USB configuration".
If the Non-Root authority becomes invalid after disconnecting the USB cable (required to rerun Non-Root when you try to use Remote Control or AirIME features), please re-connect your Android device to the computer via USB cable rerun Non-Root.
If the problem still exists after rerunning Non-Root, please provide the following information for further troubleshooting via AirDroid Feedback Port or Ticket.
- Go to "Developer options", scroll down, and find "Select USB configuration or Default USB configuration", take a screenshot.
- Dropdown notification center, check the USB mode, and take a screenshot.
- Device model and Android version