After you complete the application detail editing, you will have to set the release setting for your application. In the release setting, you may get to choose whether you want to enable the Force Installation option. Please note if you do not enable the App Market function, you cannot disable the Force Installation while releasing the application.
1. Go to Admin Console > Apps > App Library
2. After uploading the App file and submitting the App’s detail, and Rollout settings, scroll down to the bottom of the page.
3. At the bottom of this page, you will see Release settings and release time. Please select the checkbox to enable it.
Timed Installation allows you to decide whether to install the new App onto devices only in the early morning (3:00 - 6:00 am).
Reverting Changes enables you to cancel the installation if there is any compatibility issue on remote devices while installing. You can then manually process the remaining installation afterward.
Autorun App allows it to start the App after installation.
Download via Wi-Fi Only allows you to make sure the release of the app will not cause any mobile data accidentally.
After completing the steps above, click Release at the bottom right of the page. The App will be published according to your settings.
If the App cannot be installed on the remote devices successfully, please read the content below.
Some tips for you when using Force Installation:
1. Please make sure you enabled Accessibility before activating Force Installation.
2. If your devices have the same or higher version of the application installed, the installation process will be skipped.
3. To view the installation status after an application is formally released, please refer to Apps > Version Updates of your app > Release History
Special Note for Non-rooted devices:
1. Please make sure the screen of devices is unlocked while using Force Installation. It is highly recommended for you to set no screen lock in the system settings.
2. If Force Installation is not initiated from the device end, please re-enable Accessibility on the system settings and retry the app release from Apps > Version Updates of your app.
3. Please do not operate the device during Force Installation, or it might affect the installation process.
4. For some devices (e.g. Oppo, Vivo), if there are any pop-up windows during the process, it may also affect Force Installation.
5. Please disable the app installation protection from the system settings or phone management applications. For example, if you enable Play Protect, you can deactivate it on the Settings of Google Play.
If you tried the above method and the application is not installed on your device, please contact us.