Sometimes you want your app release not only listed in App Library but also installed immediately on the devices by a single click.
1. Go to “Apps” on the top menu and select “App Library” on the left.
Note: “App Library” is a default name. You can customize it as you wish.
For details, please see What is Customized Brand.
2. Follow the instruction to upload the app file and submit the app’s details. You can set up details about your rollout plan as the final step.
3. In the middle of this page, you will find the “Force Installation” checkbox. Select the checkbox to enable it.
NOTE: If you need your devices to install your updated app right away, please enable Force Installation before the release.
If you released your app, you can upload a newer APK file and enable Force Installation under Staged Rollouts.
Otherwise, you need to remove the original one and create a new app release.
“Timed Installation” allows you decide whether to install the new app onto devices only the early morning (0:00 - 6:00 am). “Reverting Changes” enables you to cancel the installation if there is any compatibility issue on remote devices.
(*If you want to install immediately, leave the checkbox empty.)
System will publish the new APK file to App Library first and then install it onto your devices. If you want to install the new app onto devices immediately, select “Standard publishing”. Click “Release” to publish and install your new app.
Note: For more information of Schedule Release, see What is Schedule Release
There are some tips for you when using Force Installation:
1. Please make sure you enabled Accessibility before activating Force Installation.
2. If your devices have the same OR higher version of the application installed, the installation process will be skipped.
3. To view the installation status after an application is formally released, please refer to Release History under the Version Updates of your app.
If you tried the above method and the application IS NOT installed on your device, please contact us.
Special Note for Non-rooted devices:
1. Please make sure the screen of devices is unlocked while using Force Installation.
Note: It is highly recommended for you to set None for Screen lock type under the system settings.
2. If Force Installation is not initiated from the device end, please RE-ENABLE Accessibility on the system settings and RETRY the app release on the Version Updates of your app.
3. Please DO NOT operate during Force Installation or it will affect the installation process.
Note: For some devices, if there are any pop-up windows during the process, it may also affect Force Installation.
Please DISABLE the app installation protection from the system settings or phone management applications.
For example, if you enable Play Protect, you can deactivate it on the Settings of Google Play.
After doing so, scroll down to App Publish Time and proceed.