Sometimes you want your app release not only listed in App Library but also installed immediately on the devices by a single click.
1. Go to “Apps” on the top menu and select “App Library” on the left.
Note: “App Library” is a default name. You can customize it as you wish.
For details, please see What is Customized Brand.
2. Follow the instruction to upload the app file and submit the app’s details. You can set up details about your rollout plan as the final step.
3. In the middle of this page, you will find the “Force Installation” checkbox. Select the checkbox to enable it.
NOTE: If you need your devices to install your updated app right away, please enable Force Installation before the release.
If you released your app, you can upload a newer APK file and enable Force Installation under Staged Rollouts.
Otherwise, you need to remove the original one and create a new app release.
“Timed Installation” allows you decide whether to install the new app onto devices only the early morning (0:00 - 6:00 am). “Reverting Changes” enables you to cancel the installation if there is any compatibility issue on remote devices.
(*If you want to install immediately, leave the checkbox empty.)
System will publish the new APK file to App Library first and then install it onto your devices. If you want to install the new app onto devices immediately, select “Standard publishing”. Click “Release” to publish and install your new app.
Note: For more information of Schedule Release, see What is Schedule Release
Limitations of Force Installation
1. Please make sure you have obtained permission on your devices before activating Force Installation.
2. Under the non-rooted conditions, devices with Android 4.0 or below the installation process will not be complete. You need to gain permission from the device end to complete the installation process.
After doing so, scroll down to App Publish Time and proceed.