Before setting up Kiosk for your devices, please refer to this article to make sure all required permissions of Kiosk are enabled.
1. Creating Brand & Layout
Go to the Brand & Layout tab, Click Create Brand.
You can customize the look of your Kiosk by editing the Brand Name, Remark, Logo, Title, Top-bar, Wallpaper, and Text.
You can also adjust App Icon Size and choose to show or hide the App Name and the Device name.
Lock Screen allows you to customize the Lock screen logo and Lock screen info. After doing so, click Save and you will have your first customized brand.
2. Go to Config File, click Create Configure File to set up other features of your Kiosk device.
3. Under Profile, set up your Name, Remark and Kiosk Exit Code, click Next.
The Kiosk Exit Code by default is 3737. The code is used when a user on the remote Kiosk device needs to exit the Kiosk function. Admin can change the default exit code at this step.
4. App Allowlist, click Add apps to App Allowlist to set up the applications you would like to run in your Kiosk.
5. There are 3 ways to set up your App Allowlist for remote devices:
- Add by Package ID: enter the package ID of apps.* If the app is not yet installed on your device, you can still add it to the allowlist, it will be available in your Kiosk after installation.
- Add by devices installed apps: choose from the list of installed apps on your devices.
- Add by App Library: select apps from the App Library.
NOTE: App Library is your designated library, it included all your released applications.
After selecting a method and adding the apps you want, you can Confirm and make other adjustments if needed.
You can add more apps, select specific apps to be visible, invisible or remove them. Click Next to proceed.
6. In the Brand tab, you can select the Brand you want, or go with the default look and rearrange the apps in Kiosk Mode.
7. Under Single App Mode of Kiosk Launcher, you can choose a single app to run consistently.
(*Disabled if no app is selected)
8. Home Screen: you can adjust if the Exit Kiosk button, system status bar, and navigation bar are shown on the Home Screen.
Full-Screen Mode is used to hide the navigation bar and status bar. Click Next to set up the Notification Center.
9. Notification Center & Screen Rotation: Turn on the Notification Center for additional settings.
You can customize Auto-rotate, Flashlight, View and switch apps, Close background apps, Allow USB Notification and Notification Center position.
10. Under Device Limitation, you can adjust user access rights for basic settings such as Volume, Wi-Fi, Cellular and Display, etc.
Click Save to create your Config File.
After creating your Config File, you can view and edit your configurations. Click Add to apply this setting to your remote devices.
You can assign your Config File to different groups and devices. (If you don’t have any device to assign, please skip this and go to Customized Brand.)
11. The Kiosk function appears as an app on your device.
Under Customized Brand, you can edit your Kiosk app name and upload your icon.
Click Update and your Customized Brand will be created in the form of an APK file. You need to download and install the APK to see the effects.
* Please Note: Due to system requirements, changing the application name and icon requires the download and installation of a new APK, whereas changes to the items in Brand and Layout, can be reflected immediately.
12. After creating a Customized Brand, a window will show the directions to download the updated APK:
Go to the browser on your remote device and access http://airdroid.at/XXXXXX
(XXXXXX is your uniquely assigned bulk-deploy ID, which is automatically generated after completing the above process.)
You can also click the Download icon of your Admin Console, download and install the bulk-deploy APK to your device and your device will be bound with your AirDroid Business account.
After download and installation of the new APK on your remote device, the Kiosk APP should reflect the customized changes.
13. To activate Kiosk Mode for your remote devices, click on Devices and choose the group that your devices are in.
Select the remote device and click on the Lock icon below the Operations column.
After doing so, the Kiosk Mode should be activated on your device and you will see the specification and screenshot of your device. You can select your Config File and setup the Temporary Code (code to exit Kiosk Mode) for your device. You can also exit Kiosk Mode from this menu.
Different from the Kiosk Exit Code shown in step 5, Temporary Code allows admin to set up a secondary code with an expiration date. The Temporary Code is valid for the duration of time that the admin defines.