If you are using AirDroid Personal Desktop Client to run Non-Root setup for an Android device, you need to connect the Android device to a computer via a USB cable. But sometimes, the computer may not ablet to recognize the Android device or failed to connect to the Android device via USB cable, here the troubleshooting guide:
1. Go Developer options and re-enable "USB debugging"
2. Go Developer options, tap “Revoke USB debugging authorizations" - "OK", then re-connect the USB cable and a pop-up window "Allow USB debugging" will appear, please select "Always allow from this computer" and tap "OK"
3. Change the USB mode
- For Android 8.0 and above: please set the USB mode to Charge Only (otherwise, the non-root will get failure after disconnect the USB cable)
- For Android 8.0 below: please set the USB mode to MTP
4. Use another USB Port of the computer and use another USB cable.
5. Restart your Android device and restart your computer
If the above steps do not resolve the problem, please submit the Hardware Ids of your Android device to us.
How to submit the Hardware Ids of your Android device?
- Connect your Android device to your computer with a USB cable.
- Right-click on "This PC" and select the Properties menu item
- Click on "Device Manager"
- Double-click on "Portable Devices", then double-click on The Android Device
- Click on "Details" in the pop-up windows of Properties
- Drop down the Property options, and select "Hardware Ids"
- Copy or take a screenshot of the Value of the Hardware Ids
- Submit the Value or the screenshot of the Hardware Ids to us via Feedback of AirDroid Personal Desktop Client or via Ticket. (Please try to describe your problem as details as possible, so that we can locate your problem quickly and easily)