Designated Geofence for specific Groups / Devices
1. With enrolled devices, click on Geofence Management, you will see:
2. You can enter relevant keywords to search for a specific location.
3. You can also drag the location pin to a location of your choice.
Tips: Positioning the Geo-Fence by the use of Longitude and Latitude is supported. For first-time users, however, we suggest the use of keywords or the location pin to specify your fence. Do not adjust the Longitude or Latitude unless you know the exact location.
4. After positioning the geofence, you can customize the Name and Radius of the digital perimeter.
Note: For the Radius, you can enter the specific radius in meters or drag the 4 points at the edge of the circle to adjust the size of your fence.
5. After setting up your geofence, please click on "+Add " to designate your targeted groups or devices for this fence.
6. If you want to select specific devices, click to expand the folder icon, and choose your target devices.
Define Your Workflow
With Workflow, you can trigger a responsive action when a device Enters or Exits the fence.
1. After selecting your targeted groups or devices, click on "Add New Workflow" under the Workflow tab.
Click Save to apply your fence settings.
Tips: By default, Auto-select is checked and uses the selected device from the Geo-Fence setup. You can reselect the designated groups and devices here by unchecking Auto-select.
Note: For each group or device, you can apply one Workflow for Entering and another Workflow when Exiting a Geofence.
2. After selecting the target devices and groups, you can set up the responsive actions when the device enters or exits the fence.
3. Additionally, the system can send notifications via email to account members or other emails of your choice when a workflow is activated.
Permissions & Other Configurations
1. After clicking on Settings, you will see:
2. You can choose who has access to the GeoFencing function.
3. For Location sync frequency and Location recording frequency, you can configure how often the locations information records on your devices and how regularly this information uploads to your Admin Console.
Note: The interval of Location Recording Frequency should be shorter than that of the Location Sync Frequency.
Location Sync Frequency:
If the Administrator requires a faster reflection of the current status of the device, a higher sync frequency will be better. The Location Recording Frequency interval will also need shortening.
Location Recording Frequency:
For a device that is traveling greater distances, the frequent recording may not be necessary because the path of travel may not change as often as a device in a city.
Tips: If you need to track your device's location, please set an interval on Location Recording Frequency. Otherwise, there will be no location data to upload.
4. You can also set a specific time frame for when you want to track information.
If you need to activate path tracking for the particular group of devices, you can add the specific group.
Make sure to save your settings, and your devices are all set.
Please also visit our blog to get to know more about GeoFencing for AirDroid Business.