What is Remote Control in AirDroid Business?
- All-in-one remote control & access suite for business users
- Supports non-root remote control with Easy Remote Control
What are the differences between Remote Control for Web and Remote Control for Desktop?
|Platform||Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge (Chromium)||Windows, macOS|
|Connection mode*||Dynamic Mode & General Mode||Dynamic Mode & General Mode|
|Remote power off||✔️||✔️|
|Return to the previous page||✔️||✔️|
|Return to the home screen||✔️||✔️|
|Open tabs/switch tasks||✔️||✔️|
|Change screen orientation||✔️||✔️|
Note: by enabling Dynamic Mode, your remote quality is automatically adjusted based on your network bandwidth at the time. General Mode allows you to manually adjust remote quality.
System requirements for Web Remote Control in AirDroid Business
- Windows 7 or 10
- Browsers: latest Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge (Chromium)
Where to enable Remote Control for Web
- Log in to the AirDroid Business Admin Console
- Go to Device List on the left panel
- Click the Remote Operation icon
Choosing the remote option
- Remote Camera - take control of a remote device's camera
- Remote View - connect to a remote device and view the screen (no control capability)
- Remote Control - gain access and directly control a remote device
Note: Remote Control for Web in AirDroid Business is currently in Beta. For a full remote control experience please download the desktop client.
Selecting the Connection mode
When you tap on the gear icon, you can select either Dynamic or General Mode based on your network quality.
Dynamic Mode: it will automatically adjust the remote screen quality based on your network bandwidth from time to time.
For more details, please refer to How to improve remote control connection rates or lag issues with AirDroid Business Desktop Client?
General Mode: it allows you to manually adjust the remote screen quality.
Performing Remote Control
- Some remote capabilities are not available for the Web version, including file transfer, screen recording, voice call, and remote mute.
- Features that are not available will be greyed out.
Why should you use Remote Control for Web instead of the desktop version?
- Remote Control for the Web is quick and intuitive for anyone to use.
- When you only need to see the screen or perform basic control actions.
- If you're asking a colleague or partner to perform remote sessions but asking the person to download and install the desktop client is too much of a hassle
- If you are actively monitoring device status and checking whether your devices are functioning properly, having the ability to launch remote control directly within the browser can make things a lot easier for you.