This alert will send a notification when a SIM card is placed/removed from a device. Combined with other alerts, your team can react to the notification immediately and tremendously increase overall security. In addition, the alert provides records for any further management action if an employee abuses the data from installing the SIM card to a personal device.
Before we introduce how the function works, there are a few reminders below:
- Internet connection is essential for the alert to be sent.
- If the device is not connected to WLAN(Wi-Fi) when the SIM card is removed, the alert will not be sent immediately but stored in the Biz Daemon.
- The alert will be sent immediately after the device is connected to the internet.
- Due to the system limitation, the IMSI number of some devices is not retrievable.
Following is a brief introduction to this function:
- This alert will detect the action of removal and inserting of the SIM card.
- There are three triggered statuses you can set for the alert
- Placed or Removed
- With the Removed status, you can check the Notify me when the SIM card is placed back option to receive a notification when the same removed SIM card is reinserted.
- Please note that the system recognizes SIM cards via IMSI numbers, which means the option mentioned above does not support the devices in which IMSI is not retrievable.
- The alert record will include the action triggered time, device group, device name, and action with IMSI (if retrievable).
Should you be interested in how to set up an alert, please refer to this article.
You can also check this article to see what alerts are available now.