Compared to the Device Cellular Data Usage alert, this alert provides more precise information to monitor the usage of a certain app to prevent excessive or improper use of the app by employees. With the information, your managers will be able to take necessary action to improve your business operation.
Before we introduce how the function exactly works, there are a few reminders below:
- This alert is designed to monitor Cellular data usage of a single app.
- If you want to monitor the overall usage of cellular data, please use the Device Cellular Data Usage alert.
- Due to system limitations, Android 6.0 and below are not supported.
- Set a higher frequency to check the device status will consume more power and data on the device.
Following is a brief introduction to this function:
- If you have to give the user access to a certain app that consumes a decent amount of Cellular data, and you want to prevent any abuse of the accessibility, this should be the solution.
- The alert record will contain the triggered time of the alert, device group, device name, and the threshold of the alert with the current data usage of the app.
- The amount of data usage can be set to count by month or day, and the alert threshold is decided by you.
Should you be interested in how to set up an alert, please refer to this article.
You can also check this article to see what alerts are available now.