The Policy, which works better with Device Owner permission, allows you to ensure the usage of the company devices and realize more effective and efficient management of the company resources. You can even combine the Policy with Kiosk mode to tremendously improve the overall experience of using the device which is served as a Digital Signage or POS device.
Before you start, please check this article to know where to know the lowest system requirement for every restriction of the Policy.
To create or edit a Policy Config Files:
1. Go to Admin Console＞Switch to Policy & Kiosk tab＞Choose Policy & Kiosk Config Files＞Choose and edit an existed config file or click ＋Create Config File
2. From here, you can set all kinds of limitations and settings for your config file.
3. If you want to incorporate the Policy with Kiosk mode, please click Kiosk Activation, choose Open, and complete the setting just like editing a Kiosk Config File.
After the config is set up, you can apply the config file to a device and group or check the general information of the config:
1. To check the general information of a config file, please select an existing Policy config file.
2. Under the general information section, you can apply the config file to the devices or groups.
3. After applying the config file to devices, you can check the status in the History section, including whether the Biz Daemon on a device has the Device Owner's permission.