After all the essential applications are installed, it's time to enroll all your devices into your AirDroid Business for you to manage, control and monitor the company's devices efficiently.
For certain criteria, please use Regular Enrollment as an alternative to enrolling your devices:
- Samsung devices with Android systems 8.0 and 8.1 due to their system limitation.
- Some devices, such as Android TV boxes, do not have a camera and do not support USB debugging mode.
- Devices that do not support 6 Times Tap and ADB command
*Please note that Regular Enrollment does not acquire the Device Owner permission for your device. Therefore, some of the Policy configurations will not be supported.
To enjoy a better device management experience with AirDroid Business, registering a device through The Enrollment via Device Owner allows your device to obtain Device Owner's permission. After your device obtains the Device Owner's permission, you will be able to:
- Experience a more stable Kiosk
- Experience a more convenient way to set up the enrollment and pre-configuration automatically when enrolling the devices, such as adding Wi-Fi, App deployment, etc.
- Experience comprehensive device management via Policy*, including restricting camera, restricting uninstall an app, disabling device factory settings
*Click here to learn more about what restrictions policy can achieve
|The Enrollment via Device Owner|
|6 Times Tap (recommended)||Enrollment via USB|
Please choose the enrollment method that best fits your scenario. And follow the steps to enroll your device on AirDroid Business.
6 Times Tap
1. Quickly tap the screen 6 times in the "blank space" of the welcome interface of the new device (the interface of different models may be different).
If your device is already in use, please go to the settings on the device to factory reset your device.
Note: If necessary, back up or sync all necessary app data before factory reset.
2. Go to Admin Console > Devices > Device Enrollment > The Enrollment via Device Owner > 6 Times Tap, and use the device's camera to scan the QR Code on the right side of the Admin console enrollment page.
Please make sure that you have finished setting the Provisioning Templates. If you have not completed the Provisioning Templates settings, please refer to this article to complete your Provisioning Templates settings.
4. After all the service terms are completed, and you reach the device desktop, open Biz Daemon on the device and go to Getting Started Step 5: Configure Newly Deployed Devices for AirDroid Business to authorize Biz Daemon permissions.
Enrollment via USB
1. Please go to the Settings > Accounts on the device, and make sure all accounts, such as Google, Outlook, etc., have been logged out.
You can log in to your account after completing the USB deployment.
Note: If necessary, back up or sync all necessary app data before deleting your account.
2. Activate Developers Options from your device
Go to Settings > About Phone, tap on Build number 7 times, and the Developer Options will appear in Settings.
Note: The steps may vary due to different device models and brands.
3. Enable USB Debugging in Developers Options on your device
4. Go to Desktop Client on your computer > Enrollment via USB
If you have not downloaded the AirDroid Business Desktop Client, please refer to Getting Started Step 3: Download the Essential Applications for your AirDroid Business
5. Follow the instructions to connect the device to the computer with a USB cable, and select "Transfer Files" as the USB connection mode.
6. Select the device for Enrollment via USB
7. The Desktop Client will deploy the Device Owner permission for Biz Daemon on your device.
8. After completing the steps above, the Biz Daemon on the device will obtain the Device Owner's permission.
Then, click Apply Provisioning Templates, and choose the Provisioning Templates you like to write to set the registration configuration settings to your device.
Note: Please make sure that you have completed the Provisioning Templates. If you have not completed the Provisioning Templates, please refer to this article.
9. Click Continue and grant the permissions for Biz Daemon on the device.
After that, you will see this page on Desktop Client, which means you finish the enrollment via Device Owner.
The next step before you can remote manage the devices, let's grant the accessibility for the Biz Daemon so that AirDroid Business will work as you desire.
Please go to Admin Console > Devices > Device Enrollment > Regular Enrollment. There are two methods for you to enroll in the device. Please follow the instructions to enroll your device to AirDroid Business.
If you use Method 1 to install AirDroid Biz Daemon, you will have to manually enroll the device:
1. Open AirDroid Biz Daemon on your device＞Manually insert the Deployment Code, or click to Scan QR Code icon
2. Log in to Admin Console＞Devices > Device List > click Enroll > you will see the Deployment Code and the QR code for enrolling the device
If you use Method 2 to install AirDroid Biz Daemon:
After entering the download link on your device, download the Biz Daemon, it will automatically enroll your devices to the Default Group. You can choose Enroll to other groups on Biz Daemon to enroll the devices into the assigned group.
And after completing the Regular Enrollment, go to the next step to grant the permissions for Biz Daemon.