AirDroid Cast is a professional, powerful, and wireless tool to cast your iPhone, iPad, and Android device to your Windows pc and macOS computer. Besides the screen mirroring, you can also use the computer's mouse to control Android and iOS devices.
This article will teach you how to use AirDroid Cast to control iOS devices from Windows/macOS. Check out the details below：
The screen-cast feature works well on most system versions of your computer, but if you like to use the control feature, the system version of your computer must meet the requirements below:
- macOS: 10.12 and above（the macOS Catalina 10.15.3 and High Sierra 10.13.6 have bugs on Bluetooth that will cause the Bluetooth connection to fail. If you are currently using the above macOS, just upgrade to the latest macOS. ）
- Windows: Windows 10 1803 version and above（The Windows computer should support Bluetooth Low Energy, and the Bluetooth version should be 5.0. If your computer doesn't support Bluetooth Low Energy or the Bluetooth version is lower than 5.0, you can click here to purchase a USB Bluetooth 5.0 Adapter.）
- Make sure the Bluetooth is enabled on your iOS device and computer
- iOS device: Go to "Settings" > "Bluetooth", Open "Bluetooth"
- Windows Computer: Go to "Settings" > "Devices", Open Bluetooth
- macOS Computer: Go to System Preferences > Bluetooth > Turn Bluetooth On
Download & Installation
Steps to Cast and Control iOS devices
You can use the following ways in AirDroid Cast to cast and control your iOS devices from a computer. Check out the step details below:
In this way, you can cast your Local or Remote iOS device screen to a computer by scanning the QR Code or entering the Cast Code with the mobile edition of AirDroid Cast. Check out the cast steps below:Step 1：Cast the Screen
1. Initiate the cast request from your iOS device
Open AirDroid Cast on the iOS device and computer, then initiate the casting request from the iOS device
- Cast by Cast code: Input the 9 Cast Code shown on your computer and tap START CASTING
- Cast by QR code: Use the iOS device to scan the QR code shown on your computer, and the cast request will send automatically
2. Accept the cast request on the computer
After tapping START CASTING on your phone, a cast request window "Allow the device XXX to cast its screen on this computer?" will pop up on your computer. Please click Allow to accept the request. (If you don't want to receive the request every time, you can check the option "Trust this device and never ask me again")
3. Enable Casting Permission on the iOS device
After accepting the casting request on the computer, a Start Broadcast page will appear on the iOS device, and please follow the instruction to start casting:
- Tap Start Broadcast
- Select AirDroid Cast
- Tap Start Broadcast again, and wait for a few second countdowns
- The iOS devices' screen should appear on the computer
By installing AirDroid Cast on your computer, you will be able to turn your computer into an AirPlay receiver. Then you can cast the screen of your iPhone, iPad, and Mac devices to the computer. Check out the steps below:Step 1：Cast The ScreenAirPlay
1. Open AirDroid on your computer and make sure the AirPlay Server is running
2. Connect your iOS device and computer to the same Wi-Fi network (How to check the devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi?)
3. On your iOS device, Go Control Center and tap Screen Mirroring, then select device which named with AirDroid Cast - xxx
(If you can't find the AirDroid Cast - xxx option, please disconnect the Wi-Fi and connect again)
4. Once connected, the screen of your iOS device will be cast to your computer
In this way, you will be able to use a USB cable to cast the screen of the iOS device to a computer. Cast devices' screen via USB Cable has excellent connection stability and is not affected by any network fluctuations. The screen quality is high-definition, with no delay.
1. Use a USB cable to connect your iOS device and computer
2. Click your iOS device on the Available device list
- Note: If you are using a Windows computer and don't install the driver of the iOS device, you will see a reminder message "A driver needs to be installed to perform screen sharing", please click " Install now" to install the driver.
3. If the pop-up window "Trust This Computer" shows up on your iOS device, tap the Trust
4. Once connected, the iOS device's screen will display on the computer
1. Clicking the control icon on the left menu bar of AirDroid Cast on your computer
2. Use Bluetooth to connect your iOS devices and computer by following the instruction
- For Windows computers, check the Bluetooth pair step details here: How to connect your iOS device and your Windows computer with Bluetooth?
- For Mac computers, check the Bluetooth pair step details here: How to connect your iOS device and your Mac computer with Bluetooth?
3. Once the Bluetooth pair succeed, the Bluetooth pair instruction on AirDroid Cast will disappear, and the quick control button will display on the left menu bar. To Control your iOS device better, you are highly recommended to turn on Assistive Touch and Portrait Orientation Lock
Q: AirDroid Cast can’t be opened on a macOS computer. What should I do?
A: If you can't open AirDroid Cast on your macOS computer, check the solution here: "AirDroid Cast can’t be opened on macOS computer, what should I do?"
Q: Failed to connect with Bluetooth?
A: If you failed to connect your iOS devices with Bluetooth, please kindly forget Bluetooth pairing both on PC and iOS, then re-pair the device via the above Bluetooth pair steps.