AirDroid Parental Control (Kids) is the best comprehensive parental control App. It can help parents keep children safe online & offline and guide children to build healthy digital habits. From this article, you can learn about the main functions of AirDroid Parental Control and how to use it.
How to use AirDroid Parental Control?
- Install Register AirDroid Parental Control on Parent's End
- Bind Set up Child's Device
- Manage Child's Device on Parent's Phone
On Parent's Phone
Step 1: Download AirDroid Parental Control on your phone from App Store/ Play Store by searching for AirDroid Parental Control. Or you can download AirDroid Parental Control by clicking the button below.
Step 2: Launch AirDroid Parental Control on your devices. You will be directed to the sign-up page. Create an AirDroid account using your email address. Tap "Sign in" directly if you already have an AirDroid account.
Step 3: After logging in, the Binding Code will show on the page.
On AirDroid Official Website
You can also register an AirDroid account on the AirDroid Official Website first before you download and install AirDroid Parental Control on your phone. Here are the detailed steps for you.
Step 1: Register an account via the AirDroid Official Website sign-up page. You can choose to create an AirDroid account using your email address or sign up with third-party accounts. AirDroid supports third-party login via Google account, Twitter Facebook.
Step 2: Download AirDroid Parental Control on your phone from App Store/ Play Store by searching for AirDroid Parental Control. Or you can download AirDroid Parental Control by clicking the button below.
Step 3: After installation, launch AirDroid Parental Control, you will be directed to the sign-up page. Tap "Sign in" and log into your AirDroid account.
Step 4: After logging in, the Binding Code will show on the page.
Install AirDroid Kids Set up Child's Device
Install AirDroid Kids on your child's device and set it up.
Step 1: Tap the Get download link, and follow the pop-up on your AirDroid Parental Control to install AirDroid Kids on your child's Android device.
Step 2: After you complete the installation, launch AirDroid Kids on your Child's devices. It will pop up confirm window automatically, tap "OK" to bind the device when you are sure the account is right.
Step 3: You will direct to the Grant Permissions page. Please follow the steps to grant permissions. Tap "Done" after the setup. (If you can't find AirDroid Kids after installation, please go to AirDroid Parental Control > How to enable AirDroid Kids? follow the prompts)
- Acquire accessibility permission, to acquire the screen monitor permission of the device. If you can't enable Accessibility permission, please check this: Why can't I grant Accessibility Permission in AirDroid Kids?
- User Usage Permission, to see the device's everyday usage.
- Location Permission, to provide location tracking, route history, and Geofencing features even when the app is closed or not in use.
- Screenshot Permission, to acquire the device's screenshot.
- Camera Permission, to turn on "Remote Camera".
- Allow display over other apps, to ensure "Remote Camera" functions properly.
- Microphone Permission, to acquire the surrounding sounds of the device.
- Notification access, to acquire the device's notifications. If you can't grant Notification access, please check this: Why can't I grant Notification Access in AirDroid Kids?
- Device Admin Permission, to reduces the chances of apps being uninstalled.
- Ignore Battery Optimization, and reduce the chances of the app's background activities being disabled.
- Notifications, disable it, and prevent AirDroid Kids from being discovered.
- Hide Icon, prevent AirDroid Kids from being discovered. (How to open AirDroid Kids: go to AirDroid Parental Control > Cannot find AirDroid Kids icon? follow the prompts)
Step 4: To ensure the best performance of AirDroid Kids, we recommend allowing AirDroid Kids to stay active in the background. Tap the "See how to set up a keepalive setting" option on the completed setting page then it will direct to the guidance automatically. Or you can tap the link below directly.
How to keep AirDroid Kids running in the background on other Android devices?
Step 5: You are all set! Now you can head back to your device to check the details of your child's Android device.
Main features of AirDroid Parental Control
Every day's Event Data Report
With the Data dashboard, you can view the daily and weekly usage of your child's device, including statistics on hours of use, app usage time charts, app notification counts, and traffic usage statistics.
- Apps/Screen Usage Time Limits
Easily manage the available time on your child's device or timespan with usage limits. You can set total screen usage time or set limits for apps, and you can even disable all apps instantly.
- Live Location Tracking
You can view the real-time location of your child's device on the map or go to the Route History to see the historical change of the device's location. Using Geofencing, you can set up a defined geographical area and receive alerts when the device enters or leaves the area.
- Remote Monitor
Remote Camera supports remote viewing of images captured by the current camera of your child's device, One-Way-Audio allows you to hear the sound acquired by the current microphone of your child's device, and Screen Mirroring allows you to view the current screen content of your child's device, using the remote monitor feature to help you confirm that your child is currently in a healthy and safe environment.
- Check App Notifications
When your child's device receives push notifications from apps, you'll get them in sync to help parents know if their child is using inappropriate apps.