If you encounter a connection problem (for example, failed to connect devices or constantly lost connections) when using AirDroid Cast to mirror your mobile devices. Please follow the steps below to troubleshoot the issue and set up your mobile device to improve the stability of the connection.
1. First of all, make sure the network between the computer and the mobile device (mobile phone) is unblocked
2. Try to cast the screen while charging your mobile device
3. Try to turn off the "auto-sleep" of your mobile device
4. Allow AirDroid Cast to run in the background of the device (recommended)
How to keep AirDroid Cast running in the background of mobile devices?
- Note: If you use the USB cable to cast your Android devices, you don't need to perform the following steps.
If you are using the Vivo or Huawei devices, click the article below to check out the setup details:
- How to keep AirDroid Cast running in the background on Vivo devices?
- How to keep AirDroid Cast running in the background on Huawei devices?
For other bran mobile devices, check out the details below: (Settings and paths might differ from those of your phone)
1. Keep WLAN Always on during sleep
- You can find the option on Settings > WLAN or Wi-Fi > Advanced or additional settings.
2. Turn on "Run in background" (Or add AirDroid Cast to the allowlist of Cleanup)
- You can find the option on Settings > Battery or Apps or Permissions. If not, you can check it on the Phone Manager or Security Manager.
3. Turn off "Power saving mode" and Disable "Battery optimization"
- You can find the options on Settings > Battery or Battery manager
4. Lock AirDroid Cast on Task Manager or Recent Apps
- Open Task Manager or Recent Apps > Slide down AirDroid Cast interface until you see a lock icon