AirIME is the unique feature of the AirDroid Personal Desktop Client that allows you to use the computer keyboard to type on your phone. It will help you improve the efficiency of your type.
Here the steps to use AirIME on AirDroid Personal Desktop Client:
Step 1: Connect to your device
- Open AirDroid Personal desktop client
- Click on Remote Control section
- Choose the device that you want to remote type
- Click on "AirIME" to connect your device
Step 2: Enable AirDroid Personal Keyboard
If you've run Non-Root setup on your device, your device will switch on AirDroid Personal Keyboard automatically. please check Step 3: use the computer keyboard to type on your phone directly.
If you haven't run Non-Root setup on your device, you will get a reminder message with "Start Non-Root authority" and "Skip". You can run Non-Root setup to automatically enable AirDroid Keyboard or you can skip it and enable AirDroid Keyboard manually in Language & input on your phone.
If you click on "Start Non-Root authority", it will start to run Non-Root setup which required connect your device to your computer via USB cable. Here is the Non-Root setup instruction for your reference: How to run Non-Root setup for your Android devices?
- If you click on "Skip", you have to enable AirDroid Keyboard manually on your phone ( settings and paths might differ from those of your phone).
- Settings > Additional settings > Language & input
- Click Manage keyboards > Enable AirDroid Keyboard
- Back to Language & input page > Click Current Keyboard > Change to AirDroid Keyboard
For the first time to click "Skip", The Language & input settings will appear on your device automatically, you can enable "AirDroid Keyboard" and tap "OK" there directly. Then change the input method to "AirDroid Keyboard".
Step 3: Use Computer Keyboard to Type on Your Phone
- Tap the input box on your device, then AirIME will be Ready
- Type the text, it will show on the input box your device (the text content will not show on AirDroid Personal Desktop Client)
- If you want to switch AirDroid Keyboard to your device keyboard, please click on the Keyboard icon in the bottom right corner.