Generally, keep the AirDroid process running on devices' background is the key to solve the connection problem, such as failing to connect devices, devices offline or disconnect constantly.
Here the steps on how to keep AirDroid running in the background on Xiaomi devices: (Settings and paths might differ from those of your phone)
1. Keep WLAN Always on during sleep
Open Settings > WLAN > Scroll down and find Additional settings > Selected Always on Keep WLAN on during sleep
2. Allow AirDroid to Autostart
Open Settings > Permissions > Autostart > Allow AirDroid to Autostart
3. Permissions Settings
Open Settings > Permissions > Permissions > AirDroid > Accept Show on Lock screen, Start in background, and Display pop-up window.
"Display pop-up window" permission affect features like Screen Mirroring and Remote Control, please make sure it was checked.
4. Battery saver doesn't restrict AirDroid's activity
Open Settings > Battery & performance > Choose apps > AirDroid > No restrictions
5. Lock AirDroid on Task Manager
Open Task Manager > Swipe down on AirDroid App > a small padlock icon will show
6. Battery Usage Settings
Open Security > Tap Settings in the upper right corner > Battery usage > Selected Never for Turn off mobile data when device is locked & Clear cache when device is locked
- Background tasks will consume a device's limited resources, like RAM and battery. So the Android OS system will handle the task killer when memory is low and very deliberately doesn't allow you or app developers to control the background task killer, that's why we can't keep AirDroid service permanently alive in the background.
- Besides, the special case below will cause a connection problem too:
- Device power-off
- AirDroid has been uninstalled
- There is no network on the device
If you already re-open AirDroid but still failed to connect your devices, please follow the steps below to report the problem to us:
- Use the connection diagnosis tool in AirDroid on your phone, and then report results to us (remote connection failure diagnosis tool)
- Submit logs to us for a further check