Generally, keep the AirDroid Personal process running on devices' background is the key to solve the connection problem, such as failing to connect devices, devices offline or disconnect constantly.
Here the steps on how to keep AirDroid Personal running in the background on OPPO devices: (settings and paths might differ from those of your phone)
Open Settings > Battery >
- Turn off "Power Saving Mode"
- Turn off "Smart Power Saver" (Available on ColorOS 5.2 and above)
- Custom Power Saver > Select AirDroid > Select “Allow Background Running” (For ColorOS 5.2 below: Disable“Background Freeze” & “Abnormal Apps Optimization” & “Doze” in Energy Saver)
- Smart power saving scenarios > Turn off "Sleeping Mode"
- App quick freeze > Find AirDroid > Turn off Auto freeze
3、Allow AirDroid Personal to Startup
- ColorOS 7 and above：Settings > App Management > Find AirDroid > Enable Startup
- ColorOS 3.0-6.1.2: Phone Manager > Privacy Peremissons > Startup Manager > Turn AirDroid on
4、Lock AirDroid Personal in the background
Press Menu button > Slide down AirDroid Personal interface until you see a lock icon at the left upper corner
- Background tasks will consume a device's limited resources, like RAM and battery. So the Android OS system will handle the task killer when memory is low and very deliberately doesn't allow you or app developers to control the background task killer, that's why we can't keep AirDroid Personal service permanently alive in the background.
- Besides, the special case below will cause a connection problem too:
- Device power-off
- AirDroid Personal has been uninstalled
- There is no network on the device
If you already re-open AirDroid Personal but still failed to connect your devices, please follow the steps below to report the problem to us:
- Use the connection diagnosis tool in AirDroid Personal on your phone, and then report results to us (remote connection failure diagnosis tool)
- Submit logs to us for a further check